Cabo Beach Clean Up

Los Cabos community getting together!

Together for a stronger and better community!

Marine litter is a global threat for marine organisms, including large vertebrates as marine mammals. About 80% of marine debris originates from sources on land and the other 20%, about 636,000 tons per year, comes from ocean vessels. By 2050, 99% of all species of seabirds will be eating plastic. We need the ocean and everything in it.  And the ocean needs us to keep it free of debris.

Monthly Cabo Trek supports with the help of volunteers (Zero Waste Los Cabos, Non-profit groups, divers, operators and authorities) underwater clean up dives within the Marine Protected Area of Flora and Fauna of Cabo San Lucas. These actions are already part of our marine conservation activities calendar.

Marine Debris

People in action

The marine debris we remove can no longer harm animals or cause damage to the marine environment. It also provides information for waste management improvement policies as it helps to convince individuals, governments and companies on the necessary action in relation to marine debris. More information increases knowledge about the impact of marine debris on underwater environments and we can raise awareness through environmental education.

Eco Bags

Improving every day

Over the years we have been reducing our waste produced on our tours. As an alternative, we encourage customers to bring their own reusable water bottle or purchase from our store. We also do not offer plastic bags when clients purchasing products from our store. Instead, we have been offering a reusable bag with tips for reducing waste.

During our tours all the garbage that we find floating, we stop the boat and collect it. it is part of our briefing to inform our customers about good practices for reducing the trash.

Refillable Bottles

Change of habits

Clean up dive is as important as the beach, but it remains a palliative measure if we do not reduce the production and consumption of this waste. More than clean up the beach, understanding the impact of human consumption on the environment is one of the ways to create ways to deal with the problem.

Re-Re-Re

Videos:

Gallery:
Get involved: