Cabo San Lucas
Your trip to Cabo San Lucas is not complete without a whale-watching tour. You will get to see a variety of whales like the Humpback Whales and the California Gray Whales. Awe upon a 20-ton whale breaching out of the water by joining us. Cabo San Lucas whale watching season runs from December 15th to April 15th.
2,5 Hour Tour
Hydrophone & Underwater Camera
Fast and Comfortable Boat with Restroom
$89 USD Adults
$59 USD Children
$599 USD Private
Kids Under 6, FREE
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best whale watching experience, we travel in small groups. Groups range from 2 up to a maximum of 12 guests.
With Cabo Trek, your Cabo San Lucas whale watching tour is GUARANTEED! If no whales show up on your tour, we offer you the opportunity to join another trip for FREE!!!
Your 2.5-hour Cabo San Lucas Whale Watching tour starts by checking-in in our office at the Marina. Next, we’ll board our boat and sail on our adventure. We’ll be passing through Cabo’s highlights, such as the sea lion colony, Pelican’s Rock, Lover’s Beach, and much more!
Our first stop will be at the famous Land’s End Arch for epic selfies. Based on the conditions, we’ll continue to the Pacific Ocean or the Sea of Cortez. We’ll be on the lookout for exclusive spots and the best whale-watching experience in Cabo San Lucas!
All our passionate guides are marine biologists or naturalists. They will be sharing information on the whale behaviors we observe. You will learn interesting information about Los Cabos whales and wildlife. We can also talk about our research projects and the protection and conservation programs we partake. We have been part of the Los Cabos community over the years.
The OFFICIAL CABO SAN LUCAS WHALE WATCHING SEASON is from December 15th to April 15th.
The best time of year for whale watching in Cabo San Lucas is between late December and the end of March. At this time, you’ll have the highest chance to witness fantastic whale interactions.
In terms of the BEST time of the day, please take the following consideration:
- 08:00 am tour: usually flat ocean, and fewer boats in the area. People who tend to get seasick, families with young children, and older adults prefer this tour.
- 11:00 am tour: nicer temperature. This tour is the perfect mix between the early morning and the afternoon tour. The ocean can be a bit choppy.
- 02:30 pm tour: this trip is for the real adventurer. This tour is where great whale activity is possible. The ocean is regularly choppy; chances are high you will get wet!
Note: Women that may be pregnant should not take this tour.
Whales are here before and after the official season. If you travel in late November or early December, you may get to see mother whales and their newborn calves! Contact us to book a whale watching tour in the early season.
Our boat is licensed for up to 18 people. For comfort, safety, and the best overall experience, we keep the groups small. Our whale watching tours in Cabo San Lucas run from two to ten or twelve guests.
If you want a private Cabo San Lucas whale watching tour, you can book a private tour online. Contact us for a personalized experience.
There is not much you need to bring in this 2.5-hour whale watching tour. Cabo San Lucas has pretty nice temperatures at this time of the year. Nevertheless, we suggest a light jacket and pants for the 8:00 am morning tour. If you’re going on the 02:30 pm tour, some days can be bumpy, and most likely, you’ll get wet!
A MUST on every trip:
- Reef-safe sunscreen or rashguard
- Sunglasses and hat
We are winners of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence since 2013. We provide quality and passionate service for small groups that like eco-tourism and are true nature lovers.
Our prices include everything but tips! With Cabo Trek, you will not have to put your hands in your pocket for hidden costs. There will not be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keeps its reputation as a trustworthy and reliable whale watching operator.
Your Los Cabos whale watching tour is an excellent opportunity to see a variety of marine life. You may encounter humpback, gray whales, blue whales, sperm whales, fin whales, pilot whales, Bryde’s whales, and Orcas. All of these whales roam the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean.
Besides whales, other fantastic wildlife is abundant here during Cabo San Lucas’ whale watching season. You can also find California sea lions, brown pelicans, frigates, blue-footed boobies, leaping rays, dolphins, and sea turtles.
The reasons are endless!
- We offer the ONLY truly educative and most complete whale watching tour in Cabo San Lucas. Each 2.5-hour tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, habits, and much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience!
- We offer personal and intimate whale watching tours in Cabo San Lucas. Each excursion is a maximum of 10-12 guests, so there’s no fussing for shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY company in all Los Cabos, with university-trained and certified marine biologists and ichthyologists as your tour guide.
- Cabo Trek delivers excellent whale watching experiences in Cabo San Lucas. Certified by Trip Advisor since 2013, we make thousands of people happy!
- Cabo Trek is the FIRST & ONLY company in Mexico certified as a “Responsible Whale Watching Operator” by the WCA (World Cetacean Alliance).
- Our private Cabo San Lucas whale watching tours are personalized to your needs.